Summary: Greets all members and guests with a warm smile and friendly demeanor as he/she will be the first employee encounter a visitor will have. Maintains a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by ensuring only approved people enter the premises, patrols the premises, and monitors the premises and personnel. Guides visitors to their correct location once they are approved for entry. Answers any questions a guest might have or directs them to the appropriate staff member who can help.
Job Tasks (Duties):
- Meets and greets all guests entering the premises. Ensures they are to be allowed entry. Checks BEO’s, tee sheets, emails, etc. daily to determine guests scheduled to visit. Does not allow entry to anyone that is not on a list. Checks with staffers when someone says they have an appointment to enter.
- Waves to all members entering so they know they were seen and valued.
- Maintains focus on the front gate so no one is missed trying to gain entry.
- Constantly stays alert and focused to protect the property to the best of their ability.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Ensures all doors are locked on a building once all the personnel or guests are gone.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Informs violators of policy and procedures.
- Politely turns away visitors not approved for entry.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring buildings.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Maintain an effective and positive relationship with the members, guests, employees, and Brown family.
- Accessible with the ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- The ability to patrol site by vehicle and/or foot as required.
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills.
- Must work well both independently and with minimal supervision or as part of a team to complete tasks as assigned and meet security objectives.
- Possess flexibility and patience.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms when necessary, via radio, phone, or email.
Security Officer Skills and Qualifications: Lifting, Surveillance Skills, Deals with Uncertainty, Sitting and Working Alone, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skills
For more information or to apply, contact Norman Henry at 504-452-1262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.