- Pulls and loads lumber and materials into customer’s vehicles safely and accurately
- Drives forklift to unload delivery trucks, load customer vehicles, load AL&M delivery trucks
- Stocks freight in appropriate places (including but not limited to: lumber, roofing materials, sacks of concrete goods, piping, railroad ties, fencing, farm & ranch gates, etc.)
- Maintains a safe, clean, well-organized lumberyard
- Complies with any and all safety standards required
- Performs other duties as assigned – it’s retail!
- Attention to detail
- Memorizing product numbers
- Customer service with a smile
- Vigilant safety
- Takes directions from others well
- Excellent communication skills
- Cooperative and team player
Just so ya know:
- Awesome place to work: family run, benefits, potential for monthly bonuses, etc.
- It’s hard work and we need a dedicated worker
- Super rewarding, serving a great community
- On your feet for long stretches
- Work is mostly outdoors: must be prepared for hot, cold, rain, sunshine…it’s Texas
Requirement: Applicant must fill out an AL&M application and questionnaire onsite (538 Walnut St, Columbus, TX).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 to $14.00 /hour